Pirastro Original Flat Chrome double bass strings are especially suited to arco playing with a short sustain, producing a very brilliant sound. Favoured by professional orchestral bass players we sell normal sets of Original Flat Chrome strings and sets made up with a C extension 2.10m E string. The strings come in solo and orchestral tuning with orchestral being the most popular. There is also a low B (B5) Original Flat Chrome string that we stock for 5 string double basses.
With their high tensile rope core made from carbon steel, Pirastro Original Flat Chromes have great tuning stability. They have a very quick response under the bow and produce a brilliant well-projected sound with a short sustain, making them ideal for arco playing
- The core material is a high-tensile rope made from carbon steel which is wound with chrome steel.
- This is an outstanding set for arco, which can withstand a powerful and heavy bowing arm.
- A very brilliant sound with a short sustain.
- Powerful sound with great projection, which is slightly greater than Original Flexocor.
- Big tone volume.
- Instantly playable and absolutely stable.
- Very quick response.
Made in Germany by Pirastro