Pirastro Gold violin strings have a sheep gut core and are manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand. They have a bright gut sound and have easy playability. The E-steel string has a brilliant and powerful sound with a very easy response
Pirastro Gold violin strings are available in full size only and the sets comprise of the following strings:
- E string – steel with ball or loop end depending on your choice
- A string -gut core wound with aluminium with a ball end
- D string – gut core wound with silver with a knot end
- G string – gut core wound with silver with a knot end
Pirastro Gold Violin String Tensions
- Gold A-, D- and G-strings are available in medium gauge.
- E-string is available in three gauges: soft (0.25mm), medium (0.26mm) and strong (0.27mm).
Pirastro Gold strings have the following ends at the tailpiece:
- Gold A-strings have a ball-end,
Gold D- and G-strings have a knot.
- E-string is available with ball or loop end.
Pirastro recommends their Gold rosin for use with these strings.