Helicore Octave violin strings are designed to be played one octave below traditional violin tuning, which allows for new tonal and stylistic possibilities. These strings utilize the same core technologies as the Helicore violin strings. This string set is considerably thicker than traditional violin strings, and as a result, they require extra care to ensure proper installation. See below for fitting guidelines.
These strings have a stranded steel core and all strings have a ball end.
- Groundbreaking core technology engineered by D’Addario
- The most popular violin string for traditional and alternative styles, plus advancing student players
- Pairs exceptionally well with a wide variety of instrument types and musical styles
- Fast, flexible, and responsive with a clear and focused articulation
- All D’Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA.
Please follow these installation guidelines: Check that the grooves in your bridge and nut have room to accommodate the diameter of the Helicore Octave strings. Excessive pressure or pinching may prevent normal movement of the strings. For best results, Thoughouly apply graphite (pencil lead) to the grooves before installing each string.