The Gewa Rockabilly double bass is setup, especially for Rockabilly and Rock and Roll playing. It has a height adjustable bridge, a wider fingerboard at the lower end and an optional Shadow Rockabilly Pro pickup system.
The bass is made to the ‘Gamba’ shape pattern, it’s top (front) is made of laminated Spruce and its swell back is made of laminated Maple. The bass is finished with a black satin finish. The fingerboard is ebony and is shaped differently from orchestral and jazz basses, it is wider at the bottom giving extra room on the treble side beside the G. The Fingerboard also has dots on the side, giving a visual indication of playing positions. The strings are ideal for Rockabilly playing being nylon tape wound. The bridge is adjustable to enable you to alter the string heights for different playing.
The Shadow pickup system comprises of two pickups. One pickup is mounted on the back of the fingerboard to collect the percussive slap sound and the other is bridge mounted to collect the tonal sound. Both pickups connect to a pre-amp (included) where you can mix the two pickups and shape your sound.
Gewa Rockabilly Double Bass Specification
- Setup: Rockabilly / Rock & Roll
- Finish: Satin black finish
- Pattern: Gamba shape
- Front: Laminated spruce top
- Back: Arched, laminated maple back
- Fingerboard: Wider ebony fingerboard with Fingerboard dots
- Strings: Pyramid Black Tape Nylon Wound Strings
- Tuning Machines: Tyrolian machine head
- Bridge: height adjustable
- Pickups: Optional 2 pickups (bridge/neck) Shadow RB-Pro Rockabilly PU / EQ / Preamp
Developed with Didi Beck.