Zyex viola strings are made from a new generation of synthetic material, which produces strings that are incredibly stable under drastic climatic conditions. Within a matter of hours, Zyex viola strings settle in on the instrument with a sound that is warmer than other synthetic core strings. All Zyex Viola strings are ball end.
- Zyex synthetic core produces a rich, warm tone
- Short break-in time and great pitch stability in any climate
- Broad tonal palette for musical variation
- Short break-in time and excellent bow response provides superb playability
- All D’Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
Zyex viola strings are sized by the instrument body length in inches. To measure your viola to determine the size sting your instrument needs: Turn the instrument over and measure its body length along its longest axis (not including the neck or scroll). Then, select the appropriate size string based on that measurement here:
12” = Extra-Extra-Short Scale
13”-14” = Extra-Short Scale
14”-15” = Short Scale
15”-16” = Medium Scale
16”-17” = Long Scale
17”+ = Extra Long Scale
If you measure 15.5″ for instance, you will need a medium scale D’Addario viola string (for instruments 15″ to 16″ inches in length).
NOTE: The instrument sizes on our website are recommendations only.