Ascente viola strings were specifically designed to help players advance their craft with elegance and consistency. With a wider tonal range, excellent pitch stability and longevity, plus superior durability, this synthetic core string delivers a more sophisticated palette that elevates playing to the next level.
All Ascente Viola strings are medium tension, have a Synthetic core and have a ball end.
- Designed to help students sound better, faster
- An expanded tonal palette enhances student instruments
- Engineered for longevity and durability
- The best tuning stability of any synthetic core string available
- All D’Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA to the most stringent quality controls in the industry
D’Addario Viola strings are sized by the instrument’s body length in inches. To measure your viola to determine the size string your instrument needs: Turn the instrument over and measure its body length along its longest axis (not including the neck or scroll). Then, select the appropriate size string based on that measurement here:
12” = Extra-Extra-Short Scale
13”-14” = Extra-Short Scale
14”-15” = Short Scale
15”-16” = Medium Scale
16”-17” = Long Scale
17”+ = Extra Long Scale
If you measure 15.5″ for instance, you will need a medium scale D’Addario viola string (for instruments 15″ to 16″ inches in length).
NOTE: The instrument sizes on our website are recommendations only.