Pro Arte Viola strings are synthetic core viola strings that have a warm, mellow tone. They are less sensitive to humidity and temperature changes and break in quickly. Pro-Arté strings are manufactured at a lower tension in order to maximize bow response, tonal blend, and playability. These viola strings are the perfect choice for players seeking a warm, dark tone.
- A sophisticated string at an affordable price
- Comfortable, relaxed bow response
- Minimally affected by climate and humidity changes
- Bring out the warmth and richness of any instrument
- All D’Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
Pro Arte viola strings are sized by the instrument body length in inches. To measure your viola to determine the size sting your instrument needs: Turn the instrument over and measure its body length along its longest axis (not including the neck or scroll). Then, select the appropriate size string based on that measurement here:
12” = Extra-Extra-Short Scale
13”-14” = Extra-Short Scale
14”-15” = Short Scale
15”-16” = Medium Scale
16”-17” = Long Scale
17”+ = Extra Long Scale
If you measure 15.5″ for instance, you will need a medium scale D’Addario viola string (for instruments 15″ to 16″ inches in length).
NOTE: The instrument sizes on our website are recommendations only.