We can supply the Primavera 200 violin as it comes as you would buy from most online and high street retailers, or you can have our luthier fully set up your Primavera violin for the best sound and playing experience. During setup, our luthier can also optionally upgrade your strings; we would recommend an upgrade to Thomastik Dominant Violin strings as they work well with the Prima 200 violin.
The Primavera 200 violin outfit has all ebony fittings and comes with a composite bow and a case. In our opinion, with our luthier’s setup, it does make the best student violin outfit in any size. Upgrading the strings is optional and gives the violin a better sound because of this, we would recommend the string upgrade.
Without a doubt, this is the best student violin, in its price range, on the market today and is the violin of choice for our Violin Hire operation. We choose the Primavera 200 violin with our full luthier setup to hire out because it represents the best value for money and gives our customers the best headstart in learning the violin.
The Primavera 200 violin outfit has been voted the best classical bowed strings instrument in the Music Industries Association Awards for three consecutive years in 2012, 2013 & 2014.
In 2014 the Primavera 200 retained its accolade from the MIA, yet again, winning from a shortlist of; Stentor Student II Violin, Hidersine Vivente Student Violin and Yamaha SIlent Violin.
Primavera 200 Violin Specification:
- Available Sizes: 4/4 to 1/16
- Hand carved maple & spruce body with inlaid purfling
- Rich satin varnish
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony top-nut & ebony, Swiss model, pegs
- New carbon fibre tailpiece with improved adjusters
- Fitted quality maple bridge stamped ‘Prima.’
- Fitted factory standard multi-filament strings for improved tone
- Styrofoam shaped case with backpack straps, full-length music pocket and reflective safety styling
- Black composite ‘student proof’ bow with ebony frog
Primavera 200 Violin Options:
- Full setup by our luthier
- Strings upgrade