Pirastro Evah Pirazzi Cello strings are steel strings that offer brilliance on a warm core sound.
- The A and D strings have a core made from a single filament of high-tensile steel and are wound with chrome steel.
- The G and C strings have a rope core wound with tungsten.
- The A and D strings offer great brilliance combined with a warm core sound.
- The transition from the D- to the G-string is smooth, whereas the G-string offers even more depth and a greater sound volume.
- The C-string has a powerful open sound, vibrates freely and offers enormous possibilities.
The whole set offers great brilliance based on a warm core sound. These strings offer excellent responsiveness and control ability across the whole dynamic range, from pianissimo to fortissimo. They have exceptional tuning stability and immediate playability, they are also suitable for electric or electrically-amplified cellos.
The different design of the three gauges results in distinctive sound differences:
- Gauge soft (low) – warmer sounding set than medium gauge.
- Gauge medium – brilliant sound based on a warm core sound.
- Gauge strong (high)- considerable volume and brighter sound than medium gauge.
The Evah Pirazzi Cello string set for the 3/4–1/2 instruments has been constructed on the same basis and from the same materials as the Evah Pirazzi 4/4 strings. As a result of their smaller diameter, they are light and pleasing to play. They have a wonderful set harmony, are long-lasting, and are offered at an attractive price.
Made by Pirastro in Germany