Pirastro Eudoxa Violin strings are a traditional gut core violin string made from sheep gut, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand. Eudoxa violin strings have a well-balanced, warm tone with a diversity of sounds. They are low tension and have a comfortable left-hand feeling, ideal for orchestral, chamber music and studio recording. Not suitable for fine tuners.
Eudoxa E strings are available in the following options:
- Aluminium Wound on a steel core with loop or ball end in medium and high tension
- Plain Steel with loop or ball end in medium tension
The most popular set of Eudoxa is the Set with Aluminium Wound E Ball End containing the following strings:
- E string Aluminium Wound on a steel core with ball end in medium tension
- A string Gut/Aluminum, Medium tension (13 3/4 PM) Ball End
- D string Gut/Aluminum, Medium tension (16 3/4 PM) Knot End
- G string Gut/Silver, Medium tension (15 3/4) Knot End
The same set is also available with a plain steel E string.
Eudoxa A, D and G strings are made in different gauges/tensions there is a 1/4 PM step difference between gauges which alters the tension by 3% for each 1/4 PM difference.
Pirastro recommends using Eudoxa rosin for the best results.