Pirastro Chorda Cello strings are ideal and give a typical sound for baroque instruments.
- The Chorda A and D strings are of plain sheep gut without a knot. The G and C strings are wound with a silver-plated copper wire and are unpolished and have a knot at the end.
- A brilliant and soft sound with enormous possibilities
- Very low string tension, comfortable left-hand feeling
- Designed for 440 Hz tuning
- For 415 Hz tuning, please use “strong” gauge.
- Altering the PM gauge by 1/2 PM changes the tension by 4%.
- Authentic strings for baroque instruments
The medium Chorda set contains the following strings:
- A plain gut 21
- D plain gut 29
- G silver-plated copper wire 27 1/2
- C silver-plated copper wire 36
Pirastro Chorda Cello String Ends
- A- and D-strings come without a knot.
- G- and C-strings come with a knot.
- Chorda strings are manufactured in three gauges in steps of 1/2 PM.
Made in Germany by Pirastro