Pirastro Passione Cello strings have the C and G strings made of Gut and the D and A strings are made with a steel core and chrome windings.
C & G Strings
The sheep gut core of the Passione cello strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand. The G string is wound with chrome steel, the C string with tungsten.
- brilliant sound
- enormous possibilities with a wide range of sounds
- surprisingly flexible
- very quick response even in the highest positions and easy playability due to the small string diameter
- a significantly reduced playing-in-time for gut core strings
- All strings have a ball-end.
Passione Gut cello strings are manufactured in three different tensions, low, medium and high in gauge steps of 1/2 PM. Each gauge step alters the string tension by 4%
Passione A & D Strings
Passione A and D strings have a single filament steel core wound with chrome steel.
- Exceptionally full rounded and warm sound which is combined with a diverse spectrum of overtones.
- inspiring and noble sonority
- precise and clear tone up to the highest register
- enormous power
- excellent response
- harmonious transition from A to D string
Passione Steel strings are manufactured in three different tensions, low, medium and high.
Made in Germany by Pirastro