We use Prelude cello strings ‘in house’ for most of our student cellos. They are excellent value for money and our primary choice for student cello strings. If you are looking for a budget upgrade from factory strings, Prelude is a great choice and the best value for money in this price range. We also offer Prelude strings as an upgrade from factory strings on our Cellos for Sale.
Prelude cello strings are great if you are looking to buy beginner or student cello strings, Prelude are hard to beat at this price point.
The Prelude cello strings set comes packaged individually within their set box. Single Prelude cello strings come packaged in a clear envelope with a card insert.
We recommend that you use D’Addario Kaplan Artcraft Rosin with these cello strings for excellent results.
Prelude Cello Strings Features:
- Available Sizes: 4/4, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8
- Solid Steel Core for Longevity
- Nickel Wound C, G, and D
- Aluminum Wound A
- Medium Tension
- Warm Sound
- Excellent Bow Response
- Made in the USA by D’Addario
Prelude strings have the warmest sound available in an affordable, solid steel core string design. Unaffected by temperature and humidity changes, they have excellent bow response. Prelude strings are the educator’s preferred choice for student strings due to their unique blend of warm tone, durability, and value. All of the aforementioned qualities make Prelude the number one choice for Cello teachers and educators.
Recommended Alternatives to Prelude Strings
Here are some alternative cello strings to consider and their advantages:
- Pirastro Piranito Cello Strings for a similar Pirastro string
- Thomastik Alphayue Cello Strings for a similar Thomastik string
- D’Addario Helicore Cello Strings for a good upgrade in sound complexity
- Jargar Classic Cello Strings for 4/4 cellos or Jargar Young Talent for fractional sized cellos, for a warm well-rounded sound.