This Kaplan cello strings set is for 4/4 (full size) cellos and all strings are high tension.
- 4/4 full size Scale length 27.5 inches / 700mm
- High tension
- Solid core A and D strings
- Stranded core G and C strings
- Projection, Clarity and Richness
This set contains the following single strings:
- Kaplan A String, solid core, Titanium wound, high tension (41.1 lbs)
- Kaplan D String, solid core, Nickel wound, high tension (33.1 lbs)
- Kaplan G String, stranded core, Tungsten wound, high tension (32.3 lbs)
- Kaplan C String, stranded core, Tungsten wound, high tension (31.1 lbs)
The A and D strings in this set have a solid steel core that contains a pitch-stable alloy for durability and resilience, providing the greatest amount of longevity of all the string cores.
The C and G strings in this set have a stranded steel core that contains steel wires braided together to produce a cable core, blending strength and flexibility together. Tonally, it provides a balance of clarity and complexity so that it’s versatile with great bow response.
Other variants of this set of strings are:
Kaplan cello strings produce a rich and complex tone. Produced for the most discerning musicians, these strings stand up well to extreme bow weight and allow for a diverse tonal palette. Kaplan cello strings provide a powerful but warm sound when playing.
Kaplan strings offer professional-level players a full range of options designed to meet their exacting needs. They project powerfully and dynamically while also settling quickly. Exhibiting a rich tonal color palette and superb bow response, Kaplan strings offer a range of musical opportunities for players of the highest caliber.
The Kaplan cello set is scaled to fit a 4/4 size instrument with a playing length of 27 1/2 inches (700mm).